August 11, 2009

July Challenge

You've had a sneak peak it's now time for the unveiling. As I said in an earlier post I really did enjoy working on these items.


Very Merry Christmas Card:
For this card I have used the new “In Colour range and Designer Serie Paper Ski Slope from the new Spring Mini Catalogue.
Stamp Set: Season of Joy and Short & Sweet
Ink: Kiwi Kiss (in colour)
Caradstock: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze & Very Vanilla
DSP: Ski Slope
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware5/8 Striped Grosgrain Ribbon - Kiwi Kiss


Christmas Decorations:
Both Leonie and Orrell made lovely Christmas Decorations for last years Christmas Card workshops using DSP and the round scallop punch. I was inspired to do the same for this challenge and thought I would use our new square scallop punch, creating a diamond shape decoration. I then thought it would add another dimension to fold in the edges of the decorations. I think they look like little lanterns. Each decoration has been finished off with an Indian Glass Bead.
DSP: Raspberry Tart
Punches: Round Scallop & Square Scallop

8 x 8 Fold Out Scrap Page:
I love the idea of the fold out scrap page as a Christmas Card.... great to send to those special people in your life. Can you imagine how excited Grandparents would be to receive a card like this. This fold page/card is made using a combination of current and retired SU product.
SU Product:
Stamp Set: Season of Joy
Ink: Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate (2008/9), River Rock (2008/9) & Always Artichoke (current)
DSP: Holiday Harmony (2008/9)
Ribbon: Purely Pomegranate Satin

Off the Page:


Just to show you that the challenge does not have to be all about Stampin' Up! Remember your entry only needs to have 2 Stampin” Up elements. I have made a Christmas book for Ella for her First Christmas. Using Holiday Harmony DSP (from 2008 Spring Mini Catalogue), Cardstock , Ribbon, Kaiser Off the Page Board.... and some Christmas Rubbons I picked up at Crazy Clarks.
I really enjoyed this as it is something a little different for me and I found I was forced to journal; which I generally do very little of.
SU Products:
Stamp Set: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate (2008/2009) & Always Artichoke
DSP: Holiday Harmony
Ink: Purely Pomegranate
Ribbon: Variety of current and retired ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment