June 1, 2009

Scrap Day

I had a lovely day on Saturday scrappin with 'Memory Makers', at the Condon Salvation Army Hall. Uninterupted scrap and social time...amazing. Being in a room full of crafty ladies there was lots of conversation, inspiration and laughter. Memory Makers meet monthly, thanks to Carolyn for organizing such a wonderful day, I am looking forward to attending this event on a regular basis. It is hard to believe $10 covers, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea as well as the use of available tools and equipment - byo paper/card, embellishments, photo's etc.
The theme for the day was”Autumn Leaves”. As I was new to the group I did not know you could deviate from the theme. So I was madly searching the night before the event for colours pertaining to Autumn and appropriate photo's. I really didn't have any Autumn related stamp sets so I have used the leaves from A little bit of Happiness..(a hostess set from 2008/2009) and trimmed around the Autumn leaf... a little time consuming, however I am happy with the end result.
I finally managed to scrap two 8 x 8 pages for Tristan's album and a 12 x 12 page ( t j ) of Tristan for my album..... my how time flies when you're having fun!

In the end I took the inspiration from the colours in the Designer Series Paper (DSP)

Autumn Leaves
SU Products
Card:
More Mustard, Old Olive, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise
DSP: East Coast Prep (2008/2009 Catalogue)
Stamps: A Little Bit of Happiness (2008/2009 Catalogue)
Inks: Old Olive & Pumpkin Pie



Dirty Work
SU Products

Card: Really Rust, Cerainly Celery, Very Vanilla,
Paper: East Cost Prep (2008/2009 Catalogue)
Stamps: Big Deal Alphabet
Inks: Chocolate Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment